Monday, February 27, 2012

Depressed... not so much anymore?

I surprise myself sometimes. It's been over a week with me and the medication and I think it's significantly improving my overall mood. That alone makes me a happier person. I have emotions. I got so pissed off today instead of sad and mopey about it. I was almost willing to talk to my mother today. Didn't happen because my cousin and her mother thought it was their God-given right to stick their nose where the sun don't shine. If my mom really thought about it, she raised me like she is now, except my priorities are a little more different. Hell, my whole life is different. But, I'm not going to let someone tell me that I'm living my life wrong simply because it's not how they did it. I have no excuse? Don't undermine my strength with your pitiful weakness, lady. You have no right to judge me and I refuse to give you the satisfaction that you have done anything but piss me off and make me not want to be a part of that so-called family even more. Your daughter is a bit like you, lately. Typical. Brown noser AND a slut. Quite fitting, I suppose. I discovered that my little cousin is bi. I always had a feeling she would turn out lesbian or bi. Either I'm the most trustworthy relative she has or she has awesome gaydar, confiding to her bi cousin. Fitting, I suppose. I love her all the same and support her unconditionally. I'm just a bit concerned about her coming out in her high school years. That can't be easy. I'll do what I can for her though. I will always love that little girl with all my damned heart. It'd tear me apart to hear her being bullied by kids at school or her own family... I can't imagine my rage, but I'll try to keep a cool head.
So, I started talking to my best friend tonight and she told me that she accidentally got soda on my laptop and was freaking out about it all evening and my initial reaction was like... slight-no, mild disappointment. It was so lame for an emotion. I'm used to RAGE over stupid, trivial things like material possessions. That's anxiety for ya, I guess. I haven't felt this normal in SO long. I used to get over things within the minute it happened. Oh, you broke my crayon? Bitch. Let's go get another one. (lol) But seriously, then I just kinda did that whole count to ten thing before I say anything and think about it. It wasn't THAT bad. Not to mention I didn't pay for it anyway. I like that my meds make me better in the head. Sounds like I'm a crazy person. Oh well, maybe I am, but it's a good crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment